Cricketindia, you got it!

Aakash Chopra predicts the scoreline of South Africa-India Test series

The much-awaited first Test between South Africa and India started at Supersport Park in Centurion on December 26. The three-match leg is a pretty vital one for the visitors, having not won any series in the rainbow nation before.

The last time India toured South Africa in 2018, they lost the battle by 2-1 under Virat Kohli’s captaincy. This time again, Kohli is leading his troops, but the difference is that India are a much more stronger and experienced side than the last time. No wonder many experts believe that this is India’s best chance to win a Test series against Proteas in their backyard.

However, former India opener Aakash Chopra has a different take. While speaking on his YouTube channel, Chopra predicted the scoreline of South Africa vs India series, stating that the tourists might not win this time as well and the series would end in a draw. Chopra reckoned if Anrich Nortje haven’t been ruled out due to injury, then the hosts had the best chance to seal the series.

“I don’t see India winning this right now, I mean, it is difficult. I would have said 2-1 for South Africa if Nortje was playing. Nortje is not there; I am saying this series can again end at 1-1. There is a chance of a drawn Test match; the first Test could be in slight trouble because of rain,” said Chopra.

Further, the cricketer-turned-commentator gave India a 49 per cent chance of clinching the series against South Africa’s 51 per cent.

“It is going to be interesting, but I feel this might be a drawn series. 51% South Africa, 49% India. That’s what I am thinking at this point in time. If any team wins, I feel that will be South Africa,” predicted Chopra.

He further mentioned that the Proteas are still in a transitional phase, and they have to work hard to reach a level where they could start dominating world cricket.

“It is not that South Africa’s team is flying high. I think they are starting to regroup really well. The World Cup has shown that they have the players, where the things are falling in place, but it is still a team in transition,” added Chopra.

For latest cricket news & updates, visit