Preview for REN vs HUR Dream11 Contest:
Melbourne Renegades will be facing Hobart Hurricanes in Match 26 of the Big Bash League (BBL) 2021-22 on Wednesday (December 29).
The game will be played at Renegades’ base venue – the Docklands Stadium in Melbourne – where the home side will be eyeing a much-needed victory.
While Hurricanes are placed third in the competition points table with three wins and three losses from six matches, the Renegades are standing at the bottom of the pile after a solitary win from five games.
Probable Playing XI:
Melbourne Renegades – Mackenzie Harvey, Aaron Finch, Nic Maddinson (c), Sam Harper (wk), Jake Fraser, Mohammad Nabi, Will Sutherland, Jack Prestwidge, James Pattinson, Reece Topley, Zahir Khan
Hobart Hurricanes – Matthew Wade (c & wk), Ben McDermott, D Arcy Short, Peter Handscomb, Tim David, Harry Brook, Jordan Thompson, Nathan Ellis, Thomas Rogers, Riley Meredith, Sandeep Lamichhane
Weather Update: Partly cloudy; 33 degrees C; wind 11 km/h
Pitch Report: Good batting surface which should make for at least a moderately high-scoring game.
REN vs HUR Dream11 Prediction
Even though it’s an away game, the Hurricanes do carry an edge. They are so much better placed in the competition right now than the Renegades, who are placed bottom in the standings. The Hurricanes also won their last game against the Strikers, while Renegades lost to Scorchers.
REN vs HUR Dream11 Captaincy Picks
1. Ben McDermott (9 credits) – McDermott is an obvious captaincy choice after his last match’s heroics. The Hurricanes batter scored a magnificent century (110) in the win over the Adelaide Strikers. The batter struck 12 fours and 5 sixes in his innings.
2. T Rogers (8.5 credits) – Rogers has been brilliant with the ball for Hurricanes. The 27-year-old quick is Hurricanes’ top wicket-taker with 9 scalps from 5 matches at an economy rate of 7.57.
3. Aaron Finch (10 credits) – Finch hasn’t got going in his previous two outings of the BBL. But the Renegades’ stalwart is undoubtedly in decent enough form with the bat, as he showcased in the T20 World Cup in UAE. Renegades require Finch to produce the goods against Hurricanes.
REN vs HUR Dream11 Budget Picks
1. Riley Meredith (8.5 credits) – Meredith has been Hurricanes’ in-form bowler with 7 wickets from just three BBL 2021-22 outings at an economy rate of 7.77. The pacer bowled a spell of 3/37 in the game against the Strikers.
2. Nathan Ellis (8.5 credits) – Ellis has also frequently chipped away at the wickets column for Hurricanes. He has picked up 8 wickets from his six games this BBL summer with an economy rate of 8.20.
3. M Harvey (8 credits) – Harvey’s slowish innings last game may have come to get criticism from certain corners but the batter is Renegades’ top run-getter of the competition now. Harvey has scored 191 runs from his 5 innings with an average of 47.75 and strike-rate of 122.43.
Mega League Team for REN vs HUR Dream11 Contest
Ben McDermott (c), S Harper (wk), Aaron Finch (vc), Tim David, M Harvey, D’Arcy Short, Reece Topley, Zahir Khan, Riley Meredith, T Rogers, Nathan Ellis
Small/Head to Head Team for REN vs HUR Dream11 Contest
Ben McDermott (c), S Harper (wk), Aaron Finch, Tim David, M Harvey, D’Arcy Short, Reece Topley, Zahir Khan, Riley Meredith, T Rogers (vc), Nathan Ellis