Preview for SCO vs STA Dream11 Contest:
Perth Scorchers will be taking on Melbourne Stars in Match 27 of the Big Bash League (BBL) 2021-22 on Thursday (December 29).
Scorchers and Stars will be playing the game at a neutral venue – Docklands Stadium, Melbourne – with the fixture and the result important to both teams’ fortunes.
Scorchers are still sitting pretty at the top of the points table with six wins from seven matches, while the Stars are positioned fifth with three victories and three losses.
Probable Playing XI
Perth Scorchers – Josh Inglis (wk), Kurtis Patterson, Mitchell Marsh, Colin Munro, Ashton Turner (c), Laurie Evans, Ashton Agar, Andrew Tye, Matthew Kelly, Jason Behrendorff, Lance Morris
Melbourne Stars – Marcus Stoinis, Joe Clarke (wk), Glenn Maxwell (c), Joe Burns, Andre Russell, Hilton Cartwright, Beau Webster, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Adam Zampa, Qais Ahmad, Brody Couch
Weather Update: Mostly cloudy; 20 degrees C; wind 24 km/h
Pitch Report: Good batting track with true pace and bounce for batters to flourish.
SCO vs STA Dream11 Prediction
Scorchers will start as favourites for this one despite losing their last match to Sydney Thunder. They’ve been the stand-out team in the competition with six wins from seven matches. The Stars won their last game to Brisbane Heat but they’ve not quite shown the level of consistency and depth that the Scorchers have.
SCO vs STA Dream11 Captaincy Picks
1. Mitchell Marsh (10.5 credits) – Marsh has been terrific for the Scorchers. The experienced allrounder has carried his magnificent form from the T20 World Cup to the BBL 2021-22. He has scored 255 runs at a strike-rate of 144.06 from his five games and taken 4 wickets from his five matches.
2. Glenn Maxwell (10.5 credits) – Like Marsh for Scorchers, Maxwell is pivotal to the Stars’ cause. The explosive batter and handy part-time off-spinner has so far contributed 177 runs at a strike-rate of 147.50 and picked up 2 wickets in the competition so far.
3. Colin Munro (9.5 credits) – Munro hasn’t always got going but when he has, he has been terrific for the Scorchers. In the last game against the Thunder, he was Scorchers’ stand-out batter with a knock of 64 not out off 43 balls. The Kiwi left-hand bat has made 268 runs in the competition with a strike-rate of 142.55.
SCO vs STA Dream11 Budget Picks
1. Joe Clarke (8.5 credits) – Clarke produced a superb knock of 85 in Stars’ victory over the Heat in the last game. The knock took Clarke’s BBL tally to 151 runs, which he has compiled at a strike-rate of 143.80.
2. Hilton Cartwright (8.5 credits) – Cartwright was the other batting hero of Stars’ much-needed win. The batter played a vital knock of 79 off 44 balls in the middle-order, which allowed Stars to take their total past 200.
3. Qais Ahmed (8.5 credits) – Qais was tremendous with the ball for Stars when they won over Heat. The Afghan bowler produced an important spell of 3/26 off his 4 overs and helped restrict the Heat to 187/9, 20 short of Stars, on a good batting surface.
Mega League Team for SCO vs STA Dream11 Contest
Joe Clarke (wk), Colin Munro (vc), Kurtis Patterson, Hilton Cartwright, Mitchell Marsh (c), Glenn Maxwell, Jason Behrendorff, Andrew Tye, Qais Ahmed, M Kelly, Brody Couch
Small/Head to Head Team for SCO vs STA Dream11 Contest
Joe Clarke (wk), Colin Munro, Kurtis Patterson, Hilton Cartwright, Mitchell Marsh (c), Glenn Maxwell (vc), Jason Behrendorff, Andrew Tye, Qais Ahmed, M Kelly, Brody Couch